Monday, July 30, 2007

I'm out of clay. Bummer.

I used my last bit of clay today. The racks are all full and the studio is a mess. Unfortunately these pots are going to have to be patient a little while longer. My kiln is not yet finished so these will have to stay put for awhile. One good point about being out of clay is that it will force me to get my kiln finished so I can get all pots fired and start on my next making cycle.

I discovered a wonderful interview with Warren Mackenzie the other day. If you ever have a free hour it is well worth the listen. Warren Mackenzie is considered to be the father of American studio pottery and possibly the biggest influence on my life and work.

In case you have ever wondered how many pots 1200 pounds of clay will get you, the answer is this many:



































































No comments: