Here it is with most of the first stack unloaded.
I don't understand why blogger flips these sometimes. The flashing turned out nice on this guy.
Large vase with some nice spotting on the bottom half.
Casserole. Some of you long time readers may noticed that I've gone back to knobs. I stopped doing knobs when I was raw glazing because there was weird expansion issues and I always had stress cracks where the knob met the lid, so I started doing strap handles. Now I'm bisquing so it's back to the knobs.
New jar shape, I like it.
Dessert Plates. These came out pretty darn fantastic. There are 8 in all and 8 dinner plates to match that have a little more ash.
Hakeme'd tile 6 slip. I like this a lot but it seems a little too structured to me.
A little ruggles & rankin inspired decoration on the rim.
Ok, so this glaze... I did a bunch of testing for a static ash glaze that could take some iron brushwork and this was it. What I didn't anticipate was how the glaze would react over a white slip in a wood/salt kiln. Whoops. What a happy accident though, I love the way these came out with the iron bleeding everywhere. If you look closely you can see the brushed slip underneath the glaze, mmmmmm. I have about a dozen of these with varying iron patterns.
Here is a "well fired" ash glaze piece. I'm guessing that it's the wood ash that makes it turn that sort of yellowish color. I dunno, I haven't decided if I like this or not. You can see what it's supposed to look like here.
This was glazed with the old batch, it was leftover from the previous work cycle.
This is how everything towards the back turned out. I think refiring it in the gas kiln is the way to go.
Well, that's all for now. I'm off to pack all this stuff up for the Bayou City Art Festival in Houston this weekend. Leaving about 6am tomorrow, so you won't hear from me for awhile. First show of the year, eek!