We finished up the car kiln in class today. We put fiber with a stucco coat over it on top of the arch but no photo of that yet. The burners will get hooked up some time soon and we'll fire it up and see how it works and then on to the salt kiln.
Front view, hard brick around the spyholes to resist wearing, they're also offset because the shelf posts go right up the middle, something I didn't take into account with the first car kiln I built.
Side view, the sides are exposed more to the weather so we covered them with a layer of steel to help out. The car rolls so smooth, I can pull it out and push it in with one finger...like butter.
Clamp detail on the door. The first gas kiln I ever helped fire had these and I've finally had the proper tools to build and incorporate them. They're suh-weeeet.
If you want your very own I can build it for you in 5-6 days. I'm free this summer.
Clay drying in the racks...more pots soon.