Here are some images of some of the progress in the studio today. I have more than a firings worth of pots ready to go but I'm probably going to hold off firing until October...maybe. I've had some good things happening in the studio the last few days so I think I'll see how long I can keep it up. I probably just jinxed it. Ah well.
I assembled these teapots yesterday, slipped/deco'd today. The guy on the left will get an ash glaze.
Lidded pieces. The 3 on the left are something new. The 2nd one is weak...the other 2 are ok. The tall footed pieces are something I haven't done in awhile so I thought I'd give it a go.
Some jugs...the first 2 are 8# the last 2 are 5#. Trying mostly new things on these guys. From left: tile6 slip with deco, brushed white slip, ochre slip with white slip brushwork, tile6 with sprigs...That last one will probably get glaze over the whole pot.
Big jug. White slip, sgraffito and brushwork.
This is my new favorite mug. This came out of the salt kiln back in June and it has grown on me. It's become my go-to studio mug. I think this is the first time I've ever called one of pots a favorite over other potters work. Weird. Brushed white slip, M. Simon's black and Reeves green. Check out that pink blush on the left. Thats an ace in the hole.
These are a couple slab pots I made with my students last week. One of the assignments was an assembled piece with applied texture before assembly. I think these are the first assembled pots made wholly from slabs that I've completed since college...I like them, though I don't think I'll be making the switch to slab work. It's nice to do something completely different every once in awhile.