Sunday, December 6, 2009

success!

Our holiday sale was good, slightly better than last year so we're pleased. Lots of new faces this year, that's always a treat. Plenty of pots left though! We'll be doing it again next weekend and we'll be doing our first ever public kiln opening. I'm a bit nervous about that since it will be my glaze firing which has the potential to be pure disaster. It's sure to be exciting all the same. I'm still a little under the weather and exhausted so I'm off to bed. We'll be doing the online portion of our holiday sale the middle of this week so stay tuned!

Cheers!

2 comments:

Hollis Engley said...

Congratulations, Brandon, that's great news. Things have been pretty slow here the past few shows I've done, so it's good to hear someone somewhere is spending money on pots. That gives me hope for our big weekend, the 19th and 20th. We've made the kiln-opening a centerpiece of these holiday shows for the past five or six years. I was pretty nervous in the beginning, but am much easier about it now. I've even opened the door a couple of time with zero peeking beforehand. Now, THAT'S scary. I don't do that any more. But people love to handle the warm pots and hear the tinkling of the glaze adjusting to the clay bodies as it cools. Good luck with it. You'll have a great time.

klineola said...

I'm glad you did well. We had wintry weather and that kept people from the Piedmont home for the weekend. My regular customers came and it's always good to see them. Good luck in the coming weeks.