I have the month of May off and while I would always prefer to make pots we've chosen to do some home renovating. We're remodeling our bedroom and living room and we're starting with the bedroom, new windows, insulation, new sheetrock and a vaulted ceiling. After the bedroom we'll do the same thing to the living room.
All of the walls and ceilings were covered in tongue and groove paneling that needed to be removed which was a bit of a task. I tried to remove it so as not to damage it but I discovered quickly that wasn't going to happen. So, at least I have some firewood for the kiln.
Within one of the walls I found a square that I assume belonged to one of the carpenters. It's at least 70 years old, kinda cool.
Here's a photo looking through the joists to the rafters. In order to vault the ceilings the ridge has to be supported so that the roof doesn't push the walls outward. This usually requires a large beam to carry the load but in this case we were lucky to have the main load bearing wall directly underneath the ridge so we can basically just build a stud wall.
And the wall.
That's all I have for now.