Thursday, June 24, 2010

kiln and clay.

I received a package in the mail yesterday from Bryce Brisco(grad student at Ohio Univ.) with a couple of "thank you" pots in it. I offered a small amount of advice for a kiln he was building based on my old wood kiln. He really took a liking to it and was intrigued with having a small kiln that could be filled and fired easily with one person. I didn't snap a photo of the pots but Bryce sent me a disc of photos from the kiln build. Here is their finished version, that thing is a friggin cadillac compared to mine. It looks awesome, and apparently it fires well too. Glad the kiln works and thanks for the pots!



This is part of a dinnerware set that I'm working on.

This is some incised deco on through white slip on a large lidded jar. The closeup looks a lot better than the overall form.


We're doing some tall pots in my advanced class, this is a coil & throw demo piece I did. I'll trim the lid and add a knob tomorrow.


That's all I've got for now, it's late and time for a cold one.

Cheers!

4 comments:

brycebrisco said...

glad they made it there...i dig the tall pot...nice work...

Kyle Carpenter said...

nice.......bryce.
Brandon, that's a humdinger of a jar. you better put a good price on it!

Ron said...

Sweet jar. I agree w. Kyle.
Hey Bryce! Good job on that kiln.

Sue Pariseau Pottery said...

I'm so envious of the "thank you" pots and the completed kiln. I'm patiently waiting for construction of my kiln. Stop laughing - I am trying to be patient.