Weigh out the materials....(my batch is 220#s dry.)
Mix it all with some water, start with feldspar & silica, then kaolins and ball clays, fireclays and grogs are last. I use a drill with a sheetrock mixer on the end...if you're really broke you can use a hoe or a big stick. It's more efficient to use a larger container(horse trough like windy ridge) and mix more slip at once but my space is constricted so I use a large 35 gallon trash container.
These are a couple of my drying racks, 2x4's with chicken wire attached to one side. I cut some bed sheets in half and pour the slip into those. One batch of clay fills one rack, it's about 300# of usable clay when finished. I use a bucket to transfer the slip from the barrel, but you can get high-tech like Ron Philbeck and use a sump pump to transfer the clay, saves the back! Take note of the respirator on the ground...save your lungs too.
Here it takes 1.5-3 weeks for the clay to start to become usable. Mixing one batch took me 27 minutes from weighing out the materials to getting the last bit out of the barrel. One batch of this clay equals 2 batches in the bluebird mixer. Anyone will tell you that clay mixed with this method is infinitely better than mixer-mixed clay. To test this theory I mixed a batch in the Bluebird mixer and let it age for just over three months. From both types of clay I made pots to be altered and squished and pots that needed handles. Clay from the mixer was consistently short and cracked while pushing the walls of pots and pulling handles, the blunged clay did not. Just in case anyone was curious. Enough said.