Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lets get down to business.

I've spent the last week working my brain overtime trying to figure things out for the ACC show in February. I've been making lists of potenially wholesaleable pots, doing lots of math, and overall stressing. I haven't settled on a making list yet but I need to get to work anyways. I cleaned my studio for the first time in awhile so now I have nothing left between me and the wheel.


I just did a firing in the gas kiln with mostly porcelain work. The firing went very well and I'm pleased with the whole load, the first time in years that I've been happy with a reduction firing. I also had about 30 test glazes and a few stoneware mugs. This should last me awhile, the only thing that sells slower than woodfired pots are clear glazed porcelain pots.


New brushwork pattern I've been toying with, this particular one is pretty much a direct ripoff, care to guess from who?


Bowl.


Scott Cooper inspired jar.


Ame glaze, stoneware on the left and porcelain on the right.


Grouping of pots.

That's all for now.
Cheers!

11 comments:

Linda Starr said...

great brush work, I'm envious of your counter space in your studio.

Ron said...

Slick!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous and Scott Roberts.

brandon phillips said...

thank you but...no. try again.

Anonymous said...

Another try.... Will and Douglas Rankin?

Anonymous said...

Will some of these mugs be part of your Etsy sale?

brandon phillips said...

Good guesses, but no. Look across the pond.

Scott K Roberts said...

David Leach

brandon phillips said...

Mark Griffiths
http://www.markgriffithspottery.co.uk/

doug fudge said...

The porcelian with brush work looks amazing. Good stuff man.

scott said...

I like that jar! But I have to refer the influence back to where I found it -- check out the jar in this photo of Clary Illian's showroom:
http://www.stearthpottery.com/this-week-at-st-earth/images/2007/DSC03162.jpg