Monday, September 28, 2009

bisque.

Well, the shelves are full of bisqueware and I have more than enough to fire. I need to get these pots out of here so I can keep making. I have about 1000#s of clay waiting to become pots and another 1200# in the drying racks. As soon as that's out I'll mix another 1200#. I'm trying to get enough clay mixed to get me through the winter. I'm going to keep making and do back to back firings later on. We have our homesale coming up the first weekend in December and I'd like to fire at least twice before then, though three firings would be nice. I don't need that many pots but I don't want to fire in the nasty winter months of dec-feb. Shows start back up in late March so it would be nice to have a shows worth of good pots ready to go.


I did a little workshop at McMurry University last week, it was a lot of fun. We started at 8am which is a little early to throw and talk but after about an hour the juices were flowing and we had a good time. Want to book a workshop? Send me an email. I'm cheap and only require lodging and good food, good beer is always a plus too.

Back to potting.

Cheers!

8 comments:

Local area Potters from Abilene, Texas said...

The workshop was great! Students and faculty are still talking about it! I hope that many of you out there would take him up on his offer for a workshop! Our students have benefited and are already throwing better and are re-inspired! Thanks Brandon!

Collin said...

did you make those big'uns on the top shelf on the treadle?

brandon phillips said...

yeah, all but the 2 biggest lidded jars. those were made just before i finished the wheel. i also didn't make those 4 big bowls on the treadle...my flywheel is just too light so i used my electric kickwheel.

MattyT said...

hi brandon,
ive been following your blog for a while and enjoy reading it. i just made a blog of my own for my ap 3d design class check it out.
http://lhsap3d0910mattyt.blogspot.com/

Mike Rhoades said...

If you ever find yourself in Pittsburgh, I'll supply the lodging, the good food, and the beer a'plenty. You supply the pot and kiln knowledge.

Love your work!

Joe and Christy said...

Wow... food, beer and lodging I would hire you in a heart beat if I had students...
Joe

brandon phillips said...

limited time only until i become in high demand and have people making videos about me like you guys.

Brad Lail said...

In my opinion the little bowls are the best. Dont really know why, but I like them.