i mixed up a new batch of the black trailing glaze and made a mistake somewhere because it turned out gray, which i actually really like. it also breaks to white on the edges which gives it a nice halo effect.
large vase, finger wipes. this technique has promise.
sorry its blurry.
bakers, i thought these turned out pretty sweet.
inside of the bakers. i have a couple different patterns i use along with this one.
new yunomi. i placed one on every corner on the bottom stack, so you can see the variation i get within a 2' x 2' area.
porcelain pots! my intent with these was to try and really capture the surface gesture. i really love the look of freshly slipped stoneware pots so i thought it might be interesting to try to capture the essence of that surface with clear glazed porcelain. this idea was moderately successful, but i like the pots all the same.
dessert plates, there are dinner plates that match these as well.
teapots, this is a new-ish shape for me. i've never done this type of lid on teapots before, i put a little flange on the inside that keeps them from falling off when pouring.
i lost about a dozen mugs, a dozen cereal bowls, a few yunomi and a couple cap jars to this nasty crawling(or philbeck's disease as i like to call it, just kidding ron). strange thing is that it happened only on vertical surfaces. it's easy to blame the glaze in a situation like this but all the tests i did were fine so i think there may be some user error here(dirty pots). i think i can touch these up and refire them but i may just sell them as seconds as some really aren't that bad. this one was one of the worst but i brought it home to try it out and i've really taken a liking to it. overall it was certainly better than my first wood firing. there may be some potential here.